We are working with our client who is an industry leading oil, gas and renewable manufacturing company. They are currently looking for a Design Engineer / Draughtsperson to add to their team.
The engineering disciplines within the department are responsible for product design, associated hardware design and all engineering deliverables for projects. Technical authorities within this team provide engineering guidance and support to other functions within the local and global business units.
– Ensure full compliance, during all engineering and related activities with regard to sound engineering practice and adherence to relevant internal and external procedures, guidelines and standards
– To provide detailed design engineering for new projects, liaise with other departments to ensure understanding of all customer/project requirements and to support the Proposals, Purchasing, — Project Management and quality and Production team
– Produce detailed technical documentation including specifications and drawings for internal and subcontract manufacture
– To produce economic engineered solutions, considering all aspects from materials to manufacturability and quality, whilst satisfying all customer and internal requirements. Liaise with suppliers on technical and engineering matters
– Ensure knowledge of industry developments is kept up to date
– Actively pursue the development of new products from conceptual design through manufacture. Ensure development and continuous improvement of existing products and services
– Qualification in an Engineering discipline – preferably Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Structural Engineering.
– Minimum of 3 years general design engineering background (essential).
– Proficient in Microsoft office tool such as word, excel and PowerPoint
– Experience of industry standards relating to offshore hardware design and subsea industry such as DNV, API and Norsok.
– Annual salary negotiable depending upon experience
– Healthcare scheme
– Bonus Scheme
– Flexible working policy
– Excellent progression opportunities