We are working with our client who is a worldwide market leader in the Oil & Gas industry in the search for a Design Engineer.
The role of the design engineer is to design and provide technical support associated with the designs and hardware solutions to meet the customer requirements in the Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy markets.
– Ensure full compliance, during all engineering and related activities with regard to sound engineering practice and adherence to relevant internal and external procedures, guidelines and standards
– To provide detailed design engineering for new projects, liaise with other departments to ensure understanding of all customer/project requirements and to support the Proposals, Purchasing, Project
– Management, Quality and Production teams
– Produce detailed technical documentation including specifications and drawings for internal and subcontract manufacture
– To produce economic engineered solutions, considering all aspects from materials to manufacturability and quality, whilst satisfying all customer and internal requirements. Liaise with suppliers on technical and engineering matters
– Ensure knowledge of industry developments is kept up to date
– Actively pursue the development of new products from conceptual design through manufacture. Ensure development and continuous improvement of existing products and services
– Formulate good working relationships with customers and suppliers. Communicate with Team Leader/Senior Design engineer frequently and keep fully informed at all times. Take ownership of meeting internal and external deadlines
– Complete internal and external Non Conformance and Concession/ Deviation Reports.
– Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering theory
– Technical report writing
– Reviewing client documentation
– Advanced use of Microsoft Excel & Word
– Experienced with AutoCad software packages, specifically AutoDesk Inventor and Vault
– Able to adapt to bespoke / non-standard software packages with minimal training.
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People LTD may share your details with end client at shortlist stage