We are currently working with our client in the search for a CAD Technician to add to their team on a permanent basis. The client is an engineering firm based in the northeast with a high CNC capacity, they specialise in the offshore and automotive industries.
– A strong background in fabrication and CAD design is preferred and experience working with CNC Drawings.
– Design and draughting of bespoke equipment used in a range of industries including O&G
– Work with AutoCad and Solidworks in a 2D and preferably 3D capacity
– Process drawings and design for laser profiling and CNC work
– Maintaining on-time delivery of general engineering related work requests
– Checking validity and accuracy of team member’s design output
– Engineering and technical support to internal and external customer base
– Provide time and costing estimations and reports for production purposes
– Check accuracy and validity of design inputs within the work request system
– Assist and provide on-going support the manufacturing facility
– Support projects to improve cost and standardisation of manufacturing processes, products and purchased components
– Maintenance and revision of existing product to ensure efficient product lifecycle management
– Provide engineering and technical support to other departments
– Develop and maintain new and existing business opportunities
– An Engineering qualification, preferably degree educated but not essential
– An excellent working knowledge of Solidworks and AutoCad.
– Preferably competent with 3D modelling design
– An understanding of CNC processes and fabrication
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Must be proactive, enthusiastic and have a flexible approach to work