Zenith People have the pleasure of representing an expanding manufacturing company based in the North East.
They are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager, suitable candidates should be experienced within the Business Development role and have experience in growing sales revenue. Preferably with good experience within the Automotive sector as well as Food and Beverage and Pharma. The candidate will report to the Managing Director and will focus on complete management of sales and marketing with the goal of expanding the business into new markets and working towards defined growth targets.
• Leading a team of Sales/Estimators.
• Assessing team performance when it comes to growing the business through client acquisition and sales.
• Maintaining relationships with staff and keeping up to date on their work progress.
• Reporting on the most productive salespersons.
• Writing reports and analysing relevant business data.
• Presenting findings to the MD and management team.
• Determining the reasons for profits and losses.
• Assuming responsibility for the success or failure of strategic decisions.
• Promoting a culture of growth through sales across the business.
• Educating team members on best business practices and techniques for increasing effectiveness.
• Finding new clients and promoting the business to them.
• Identifying key accounts.
• Fostering familiar relationships between clients and the business development team.
• Following up on client leads.
• Being Technically knowledgeable about products and services offered by the business.
• Raising the company profile by attending exhibitions and seminars.
• Suggesting new projects such as product development to tap into new markets.
• Assisting with investment and financial decisions to benefit the company.
• Being aware of market trends and competitors.
• Complying with regulations and laws of business development.
• Have good Leadership skills
• Be self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Have excellent interpersonal skill
• Be able to work on their own initiative and as member of a team
• Be able to work to deadlines
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Motivated to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite. (Excel, Work and Outlook)
• Degree level education in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or relevant experience within the industry.