We are working with our client who is a successful oil, gas and renewable energy business in the search for a Project Manager to assist in the day to day running of all the company’s operations and employees.
The position is based centrally between sites managing the company’s services that we provide from our facilities in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The role is centrally positioned in all the day to day operations of the company; You will have the main responsibility within Project Team for coordinating and maintaining performance & compliance and is the key link between our client’s and our operational teams.
The Individual should have the ability to confidently coordinate company’s projects commercially & operationally, implement and follow effectively the company’s policies, procedures and protocols, represent the organisations interests, lead continuous development & improvement.
This is a varied role and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience and a high standard in commercial compliance & operational awareness.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring our clients expectations are managed & exceeded.
– Ensure that employees follow the company standards, processes, policies and strategies
– Managing daily the company operations to ensure positive, safe and profitable working environment
– Implement quality and productivity objectives to achieve company goals
– Manage direct reporting to General Manager related to operational, financial and performance of KPI’s
– Coordinate with General Manager in recruiting, training, performance evaluation, development of employees
– Coordinate with General Manager in planning short and long term projects, budgets, expense controls, schedules, and manpower
– Develop and implement staffing and business plans to achieve senior managements business targets
– Evaluate key productivity indicators and implement process improvement initiatives
– Supervise investigate service level failure and non-conformances
– Address operational, technical and mechanical issues in a timely manner
– Develop positive working relationship with all areas of the company to ensure proper operational support and team like approach
– Develop operational strategy and ensure that the operational activities meet the organizational requirements
– Coordinate vessel / project scheduling; liaising with client’s review and updating Project Team
– Actively support and lead auditing of processes for both HSE & Quality procedures
– Ensure compliance within the company for Sales Quayside Management System & associated systems
– Overseeing and communicating financial compliance and KPIs
– Liaising daily with all clients identifying & delivering customer support
– Reviewing & communicating contractual and commercial problems
– Evaluation of project progress and providing reporting/data analysis, as required.
– Strong desire to make a real and measurable difference to the company
– Enjoy leading and working as a team member
– Management Background
– Commercial & Operational Awareness
– Good Organisation and communication skills to support the project team to achieve structured targets and to meet deadlines
– Commercial understanding and appreciation of importance of process and best practice
– Demonstrate an ability to work in a team as a key member
– Problem solver
– Pro-active and flexible
– Previous experience within industry would be advantageous
– Good understanding of Quality Systems not limited to ISO9001
– Good PC Skills Literate – Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook) CAD / experience would be advantageous.