Zenith People are proudly representing a Sunderland based manufacturing company on their search for an Assistant Accountant to join their team. The company offer an excellent starting salary that will increase after probation period alongside training and support and exceptional company benefits.
This role will involve preparation of the P&L and Management Accounts, P&L analysis, reconciliations, and development of reporting.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reconciliation of high-volume transactions
• Fixed assets analysis and reporting
• Management accounts preparation
• P&L analysis (sales, materials, labour, and overheads)
• Develop reports to understand profitability by project
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Ability to reconcile complex accounts
• Confident with Excel and Word and quick to learn other systems – will need to have the ability to navigate around accounting systems
• Ability to develop good customer/colleague relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
• Calm and confident disposition to be able to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
• To be eligible to apply you must be part qualified or training towards a recognised accounting qualification (such as ACCA, CIMA).
• Manufacturing experience is desirable.