We are working with our client who is a successful, world class business in the search for an Applications Engineer. You will be the direct link between the sales, technical departments and the customers.
Responsible for converting customer enquiries on chemical process challenges into solutions that provide the customer with the highest level of value from their investment.
In this role you will be involved with quotations, supporting documentation, onsite testing and meeting support, as required by the sales team to ensure best opportunity to convert enquiries into realized sales. Work with Supply Chain to create and maintain effective costing processes and tools. Work with Sales Managers to ensure that the CRM is correctly updated and enquiry status maintained.
On receipt of orders, ensure that the correct technical and commercial order review is carried out and work with Customer Service team to ensure that orders are entered into the system in a timely manner. Provide technical training to sales team, distributors and customers to build on understand of products and applications to utilise our added value solutions approach.
– Ensure all tasks are completed in a SAFE manner.
– Prepare value add solutions that allow us to differentiate our proposals from competition wherever possible. (The ultimate goal is to allow us to sell our solutions at higher margins than competition through creating more value for our customers.)
– Ensure that we submit 90% of our proposals within the agreed quotation submittal period and 75% within the customer requested submittal time.
– Complete all Technical Bid Evaluation requests within 72 hours of receipt.
– Check all customer purchase orders for accuracy against the quotation (Contract Review); resolve any differences or get approval for acceptance by the relevant person.
– When required, organise and run effective project handover meetings to ensure wider team have clear understanding of what we need to deliver and any special customer requirements
– Improve application knowledge by organising process training throughout the year. This training can be either O&G proposals team based or individual#
– Chemical or Process Engineering degree or equivalent is preferred; mechanical engineering qualification considered with appropriate experience
– Able to demonstrate a track record of relevant experience for role
– Previous experience of working on O&G, Petrochemical or Chemical facilities would be an advantage.
– Proven draughting/modelling experience is essential to provide drawings to complete customer proposal information. Knowledge of Inventor would be an advantage.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
– Previous knowledge of negotiating commercial terms and conditions would be an advantage
– Good organisational skills with a high degree of self-motivation
– Ability to work as part of a team as well as being a self-starter.
– Confident and outgoing, patient and adaptable, diplomatic and assertive.
– Fully computer literate including good Excel skills