Zenith People are proudly representing an expanding accountancy company who are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join their Northumberland based office.
• Communicating with both external and internal stakeholders, following up on any queries or discrepancies in a timely manner
• Management of the purchase ledger, ensuring all balances held are correct and allocated where applicable
• Performing bank reconciliations on a regular basis, balancing the bank account every time, queries to be followed up in a timely manner and resolved
• Recognise all non-stock costs in the month they occurred, by means of posting invoices and recording of accrued costs on shared spreadsheet
• Performing supplier statement reconciliations, confirming all balances on internal system match suppliers’ statement, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner
• Filing all unpaid and paid invoices where appropriate
• Liaising directly with suppliers and internal purchasing team to resolve any invoice queries, pricing differences and invoice payments
• Prepayments to be documented on shared spreadsheet in time for monthly management accounts
• Use of correct vat rates when processing invoices
• Application of landed costs to stock POs prior to posting invoices, calculating accurately the correct landed costs per unit per line
• Updating all shared spreadsheets accurately and in a timely manner
• Processing refunds requested by the customer service team
• Review courier invoices to confirm all charges are per agreed contract
• Completing adhoc duties required by the company
• As a successful candidate you will obtain experience in all aspects of accounts work including accounts preparation and VAT returns for a variety of clients.
• We want candidates who demonstrate strong communication skills, who are driven to succeed with a can-do positive attitude.
• Must have relevant experience.
• Excellent company culture.
• In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award-winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career.
• Training opportunities.
• In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development, we provide a competitive salary and benefits package which includes;
• Employer contribution pension scheme including life cover and income protection
• Enhanced annual leave which increases with service
• Flexible working
• Annual leave purchase scheme
• Health Shield health cash plan
• Introductory commission scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Employee referral scheme
• Free car parking