Our client is the UK leading steel plate re-roller supplying the UK and Northern Europe having achieved record breaking results in the last year. Due to the continued growth and success they have a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Maintenance Technician (Electrical bias) to join their highly skilled engineering team.
- Maintain plant and equipment both reactively (e.g. breakdowns), and proactively (e.g. PPMs, spares build-up).
- To systematically establish cause of failure in equipment.
- To work efficiently and expediently in all duties undertaken.
- To hand over any work which remains incomplete at the end of a shift.
- To seek assistance whenever required or at times of potential conflict (e.g. priorities).
- To refer to records, drawings, manuals, and other material as necessary.
- To work effectively with colleagues and subcontractors.
- To perform any other duties as required by the Company.
- Work safely at all times, ensuring safety standards and protocols are maintained.
- To be involved and assist wherever and whenever possible in safety improvements.
- The candidate must be time-served in maintenance engineering, ideally with an electrical bias.
- Experience of fault finding on PLC controlled equipment.
- Experience of working in heavy industry is desirable.
- Demonstrate an ability to work safely at all times.
- A FLT licence would be desirable.
Salary – Circa £32,000 – Competitive Salary with excellent benefits