Our client is a leading engineering business supplying the UK and Northern Europe with quality products.
- Ensure parts, materials, logistic services and utilities are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time in full
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates
- Challenge the supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, or other related issues with parts and equipment.
- Development of specifications to facilitate scope of works
- Conduct supplier management audits and reviews, through site visits ensuring compliance with purchasing conditions or expediting of materials
- Build strong close working relationships with the suppliers
- Strong leadership skills to be able to deputise for SCM
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Ideally 5 years previous experience in a similar role with proven experience in supplier management
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base
- Able to bring a new dimension to procurement activities
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
Salary – Competitive