We are representing our national manufacturing client in their search for a Buyer. The candidate will be responsible for the smooth and effective running of the purchasing function. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, please apply immediately.
– Take ownership of any problems that arise and ensure corrective action is promptly taken and correctly reported
– Assist the team with any problems, give guidance & actively contribute to areas of improvement
– Assist internal teams with any enquiries and expediting work
– Assist with the introduction and system maintenance of new product ranges to ensure run efficiently
– Purchasing and coordinating the timely delivery of materials from an MRP based AX system
– Purchasing and logistics coordination of a range of imported factored goods products directly to customers
– Raise and coordinate purchases of a range of goods and services against internal requisition requirements
– Assist with and work within Fixed and Variable cost control budgets
– PPV control, monitoring and achievement
– Contribute and report against the departments KPI’s
– To communicate data and assist with reporting information
– To ensure that the computerised purchasing system is maintained on a day-to-day basis and records are kept up to date.
– Expediting purchase orders and liaising with suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services.
– Always ensuring that when buying any materials we always consider Quality, Cost, Delivery & Service
– Supplier negotiations and assistance with preparing cost analysis proposals
– Purchase Invoice Management; investigating queries and clearing invoices through the PIMS system
– Supporting the control and accuracy of inventory on site and assisting with stock takes when required
– A range of daily purchasing and supply chain administration duties to support the efficient running of the department.
Skills, Capabilities and Personal Characteristics:
– Analytical and organizational mindset
– IT literate and confident in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
– Experience and good understanding of MRP based systems
– Take ownership and have a strong sense of responsibility
– Be capable of working managing a small team and work in a very busy environment with multiple stakeholders.
– Have a proactive and dynamic approach, and be keen to develop within the business
– Behave ethically and at all times set a good example: understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with the standards and practices and aligns with the overall values of the Business as a whole
– Have good communication skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
– Work co-operatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance the business’s effectiveness
– Be hard working, promote the companies values and always have a positive approach
– Ability to prioritise work effectively whilst working to deadlines
– Good educational background – Preferably CIPS Qualified or equivalent
– Proven work experience in Purchasing, Supply chain environment
– Good Communication Skills
– Capable of promoting team working & continuous improvement activities
– Hardworking and keen to develop their role within the business
– Demonstrate a proactive and dynamic approach
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word & Excel